Overland Park, KS 66210
Do you enjoy?
- Working on a variety of projects that have an operational impact to the company’s day-to-day financial decisions?
- Work that is consistent in nature but provides continuous opportunities to grow, learn, and sharpen your accounting skills for a growing company?
- Applying your keen research skills when tackling special projects?
- Being the go-to expert on the team when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of the accounting process from beginning to end?
Retail Success is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting team at our headquarters in Overland Park, KS. This position is responsible for a variety of accounting duties such as preparing and maintaining financial records, month and year-end close, managing fixed assets, and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Retail Success is a technology company that provides software and services to retailers of all sizes. We provide a range of solutions, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management, Electronic Payment Solutions, and Social Media and Email Marketing.
Why is this a great opportunity for you?
- A competitive annual salary of $65-70k, based on experience.
- In addition to our exciting company culture, we offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
- An opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work for a growing company, in a fast paced environment.
- Retail Success was also a finalist in 2018 for Coolest Office Spaces by the Kansas City Business Journal.
What are we looking for in you?
- Technical knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and other accounting software.
- Excellent detail orientation and follow through, while meeting deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, strong Excel skills.
- A self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
- Professional Integrity.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Applicants must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 2-4 years work experience as an Accountant.
- Public and SaaS accounting experience preferred.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Responsible for monthly and year-end close procedures ensuring supporting documents, entries and financial reports are GAAP compliant.
- Manage fixed asset schedules and post all related entries.
- Spot errors and perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Post and maintain records for monthly revenue accruals to ensure compliance with ASC 606.
- Support division managers by providing relevant reporting metrics and by identifying cost saving strategies.
- Liaison with external auditors to meet reporting and audit requirements.
- Provide backup to payroll processing; completing at least 8 payroll cycles on an annual basis.
- Work with the Assistant Controller and accounting team to improve financial procedures and to strengthen internal controls.
- Assist in migrating data and implementing new accounting software.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders on financial results and address client questions regarding invoicing and contracts.
- Provide support to other accounting functions including processing AP and assisting in monthly billing and collection process.
- Leads projects to improve internally developed software for increased billing efficiencies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial data confidential.
Retail Success, LLC is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We believe our continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or any other classifications protected by applicable laws.