Overland Park, KS 66210
- A persistent researcher, hungry to learn more?
- A technical problem solver?
- A hard worker that likes to check things off your “to do” list?
Retail Success is looking for a Product Owner to join our Overland Park, KS team. This position will work collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. Responsibilities include defining, prioritizing, and evaluating the epics and stories for an agile software development team. You will drive product quality by defining acceptance criteria and ensuring new features and functionality meet the criteria.
Retail Success is a technology company that provides software and services to retailers of all sizes. We provide a range of solutions, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management, Electronic Payment Solutions, and Social Media and Email Marketing.
Why is this a great opportunity for you:
- Annual salary commensurate with experience.
- In addition to fun employee events, we offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and flexible Paid Time Off.
- We are taking a brand new SaaS product to market so this a great time to be part of the successful launch!
- We have successfully implemented work from home while maintaining a vibrant work culture. We look forward to the day when it’s safe to return to our modern, recently remodeled office where our team enjoys video games, ping pong, and a fitness center.
What are we looking for in you:
- Experience leading successful projects to completion by defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context.
- Able to connect business strategy to team execution; and simplify complex or ambiguous ideas into digestible and concrete concepts and requirements.
- Demonstrates advanced organizational and time management skills with extreme attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years related work experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Business Analyst, Scrum Master, or Project Manager required.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment required (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
Applicants must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization.
- Works with Clients, Developers, and individual contributors to ensure prioritized and groomed project backlogs have sufficient details, and are ready to be worked on without delays, ambiguity or rework.
- Leads requirements gathering and backlog selection(Planning I), works with UX team on design assets.
- Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements.
- Attends and assists in Scrum Meetings.
- Manages product release plans and assists in setting expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Works to determine return on investment for development projects.
- Works with CPO to determine product strategy and communicate it to the team.
- Documents new features with release notes.
- Works with Marketing to announce new features to users.
- Solicits feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Tracks, manages, and shares client and user feedback.
Retail Success, LLC is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We believe our continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or any other classifications protected by applicable laws.