Overland Park, KS
Job Title:Quality Assurance Technician
Location:Overland Park, KS
Supervisor:Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for performing software and device testing to support software product development and project releases. This includes troubleshooting issues, developing and executing tests, identifying defects, and testing through to resolution. This position works in an Agile environment and frequently collaborates with other departments to ensure test coverage and the improvement of overall product quality.
- Define, update, and execute test cases for manual tests.
- Generate testing procedures; develop and execute test workflows.
- Test and troubleshoot across various development and production environments.
- Identify defects and document steps to reproduce.
- Execute tests in a regression workflow as part of pre-release activities.
- Troubleshoot data integrity, performance, and usability issues in software applications.
- Review logging to support troubleshooting and defect identification.
- Lead the release day test activities.
- Proactively communicate test-blocking and release-blocking to the team.
- Communicate progress, roadblocks, and solutions to the team.
- Assist with suggestions on UI/UX design and usability.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college coursework or training in Information Technology preferred.
- Minimum 1 year related work experience in a software technical support role required; previous software quality assurance experience preferred.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of networking and computing.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS X, Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and other related equipment such as external credit card readers, RFID readers, and receipt printers.
- Ability to learn in-depth features of software and hardware; ability to use that knowledge to install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix software and hardware issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, Agile/Continuous Integration software development environment; able to adapt to frequent changes in workload and adjust priorities as circumstances dictate.
- Basic knowledge and the ability to learn and expand on test methodologies and activities, such as white-box, black-box, and gray-box testing, functional and regression testing, UI and usability testing, and test case development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan daily and project driven tasks.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying and addressing existing or potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability for clear and effective verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and/or other query languages.
- Ability to use team-use communication tools, and test and defect tracking systems.
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles with application reference to retail and point of sale processes, and Business Process Management/enterprise workflows.
- Experience with third-party integrations.
- Experience with Git source control, JIRA issue tracking, Jenkins build automation, or similar tools.
- Experience with iOS and Android application development tools.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms, such as AWS.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, keyboards, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; carry, lift, push, or pull up to 10 pounds; bend, kneel, or stoop. The employee will occasionally be required to stand or walk.
Retail Success, LLC and Posim, LLC is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We believe our continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or any other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.