Hello LuLaRoe Retailers!
We have been contacted this evening regarding an email from the LuLaRoe home office that many LuLaRoe Independent Fashion Retailers have found confusing. We want to let you know that Retail Success and BLESS are not involved and our users are not impacted by the referenced legal action. To clarify:
- CMS is the company that has processed sales tax and credit cards for LuLaRoe via the Audrey system, which is now known as Old Bless. CMS has sought to continue that relationship through a lawsuit.
- According to the written order of the court, LuLaRoe was required to send out the message that many of you found confusing. The court order dictated specific wording for that message.
- LuLaRoe Independent Fashion Retailers using Audrey/Old Bless were not required to sign an agreement with CMS in order to use the system. The business agreement is between LuLaRoe and CMS.
- Retailers can choose to use Audrey/Old Bless or convert to BLESS without concern, just as the court order says.
- BLESS is a Retail Success product and has no connection to CMS.
- BLESS credit card processing is handled by Retail Success affiliate National Merchant Alliance (NMA). NMA partners with processor First American Payment Systems (FAPS). Retailers have entered business relationships with these companies as part of your BLESS account creation. The CMS lawsuit has nothing to do with these companies or your BLESS accounts.
- The BLESS system automatically and accurately assesses the proper sales tax by applying the rules based on the appropriate taxing jurisdiction. BLESS references the rules applicable to the 21,000 taxing jurisdictions nationwide and either geolocates the pop-up or applies the tax based upon the address of an invoice recipient.
- BLESS by Retail Success provides instant funding. Part of the vision of BLESS was to help retailers quickly realize the financial benefits of their business.
- BLESS is extremely secure and fully compliant with industry security rules. NMA and FAPS are compliant with card brand rules. BLESS is also designed to comply with direct selling industry best practices with a focus on continued government compliance.
Our intention is not to give legal advice or interpretation but to reassure you that nothing changes for you. BLESS is here to stay.
Happy selling and have a great weekend!
Your Retail Success Team